File this under: That's why I tell you not to touch things.

Our family went to the store recently to purchase some new pots and pans. The ones we had were about 10 years old. Most of them are from when we first got married.

Now, if you have kids you know how chaotic it can be taking your children to the store. I find myself passing on the sage old advice that my father passed down to me when I was a child, "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!"

And I usually have to say it in different ways like:

"QUIT TOUCHING THAT!" or "IF YOU BREAK THAT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BUY IT!"

If you are a parent, you also know that these three phrases are pitched tonally in such a way that they will not enter a child's ear canal, so the message never actually gets heard.

Now that being said, as my wife and I were carefully looking at the sets of pots and pans we heard our oldest child, Austin, start to cry like he's stuck in a bear trap. A cry that says, ouch and I'm afraid.

Ignoring my admonishments, he got his finger stuck in the handle of a frying pan! So I did what any caring compassionate father would do... I took pictures of it. Enjoy!



P.S. We did not have enough money to purchase this additional pan, so we now have it on layaway and we should be able to get our child back by Christmas of this year.